The Property Law Department of Goldberg & de Villiers Incorporated is known for consistency offering our corporate and private clients incisive and practical legal expertise.
We are proud to have acted for various financial institutions, national and regional corporate clients, property developers, parastatals, Provincial Government and Local Authorities, voluntary and community associations and private individuals.
Our Property Law Department has extensive experience in the registration of developments and also the registration of development bonds on behalf of all the major financial institutions. Our expertise in this area is complemented by the expertise of our Corporate, Commercial and Tax Law Departments. These departments have been involved with the drafting of commercial agreements for various exciting new developments in the Eastern Cape. We are therefore able to render a comprehensive service to our clients, by assisting with advice regarding the vehicles for a particular venture, the formation of the appropriate business entities, drafting of the supporting commercial agreements and general commercial and tax advice where required. The team assists in setting up special purpose vehicles for property investors and developers.
We serve as panel attorneys for all the major financial institutions and are also included on the panel of attorneys for various private banks as well as the private clients divisions and corporate and commercial divisions of various financial institutions, which divisions service clientele with specialized needs. In some instances we are one of only two firms of attorneys on the panels of private banks and are accustomed to the needs and demands of clients with specialized facility requirements.
We have four qualified Notaries and all forms of notarial work are handled by this department.
Our Property Law Department consists of four conveyancers, with a wealth of knowledge and experience. We employ eight experienced conveyancing paralegals.
Our services in this department include advice on and the structuring of:
- Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Option Agreements
- Residential Property Transfers
- Agricultural Property Transfers
- Commercial Property Transfers
- Development Agreements
- Development of Schemes (Sectional Title and Cluster Developments)
- Township Establishment
- Extension, Consolidation and Sub-Division of Sectional Title Units and Schemes
- Sectional Title Arbitrations
- Registration of Mortgage Bonds (Home Loans, Building Loans, Commercial Finance, Financial Structuring and Banking Facilities)
- Registration of Notarial Bonds
- All other forms of Notarial work such as servitudes, notarial leases and authentication of documents
- Antenuptial Agreements
- Joint Ventures
- Lease Agreements
- Tax advice on property related issues such as Value Added Tax, Transfer Duty and Capital Gains Tax
- Advice on the relevant laws and regulations affecting zoning, land usage and the environment
- General advice on property transactions and conveyancing including advice on property development in relation to commercial, urban, coastal, residential and agricultural areas.