Corporate and Commercial Law
The Corporate and Commercial Law Department provides an extensive range of services relating to corporate and commercial transactions. Our corporate and commercial lawyers combine legal expertise and market knowledge with a thorough understanding of their client’s businesses to deliver service that is pragmatic and cost-effective.
Corporate and Commercial Law, in general, require specialised skill and insight, which we are proud to offer clients. Keeping abreast of developments in law and trends in taxation is essential in offering a professional service in this field. At Goldberg & de Villiers Incorporated we are able to offer the expertise clients expect – and need. Our professionals guide clients, in the light of their specific circumstances, to develop tailor-made solutions for their businesses.
Industry expertise is essential to advising clients in an efficient and commercially orientated manner. We have experience in a wide range of industries including the financial, construction and property sectors.
This department is supported by specialists in areas such as International Trade, Property Law, Estate Planning, Trust Law, Insurance Law, Banking Law, Environmental Law and Administrative Law. Team members are therefore able to provide integrated advice and assistance in respect of a wide range of transactions.
Our clients in these areas include a wide range of top national and regional businesses, various local authorities and parastatals. Our highly qualified team can offer you the very best in creative and commercially viable solutions.
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate and Commercial Law Services encompassing the following key areas:
- Company Secretarial Services
- Competition Law
- General Corporate and Commercial Law Services
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Trade Law
Our services in this department include drafting of Commercial Agreements such as:
- Sale of Shares/Members’ Interest Agreements
- Shareholders Agreements
- Association Agreements
- Service Level Agreements
- Supply and Distribution Agreements
- Sale of Business Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Development Agreements
- Executive Employment Agreements
- Management Agreements
- Beneficiaries Agreements
- Loan Facility Agreements
- Franchise Agreements
- Buy and Sell Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate formation, restructure and business structures
- Corporate Tax Advice
- Joint Ventures
- Dissolution of Business Structures, Joint Ventures and Partnerships
- Management Arrangements
- Formation of Companies, Close Corporations and Trusts
- General advice relating to Corporate and Commercial transactions
- Liquor Law