Dispute Resolution: Litigation, Arbitration And Mediation
The Dispute Resolution (Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation) department provides a complete service in all methods of dispute resolution. We advise clients on the most cost-effective business-orientated solutions, either by the pursuit of or defending arbitration or litigation proceedings or through alternative methods such as mediation.
The Litigation team includes specialists in various fields of law and provides the full range of services to enable our clients to successfully pursue or defend litigation action in any South African court.
Areas of Expertise
- Litigation (High Court and Magistrate’s Court), Arbitration & Mediation relating to the following key sectors / areas:
- Administrative and Public Law
- Banking Law
- Building, Construction, Architectural and Engineering Sector
- Competition Law and Intellectual Property Law
- Corporate and Commercial Disputes
- Constitutional Law
- Environmental Law
- International sale of goods, maritime law and rules relating to the World Trade Organisation
- Insurance Law
- Law of Contract
- Law of Delict
- Law of Succession and Estates
- Media Law
- Medical Negligence Claims
- Personal Injury Litigation and Road Accident Fund Claims
- Property Law
Recoveries (Insolvencies, Liquidations and Business Rescue)
The Financial Recoveries division specialises in the efficient and cost effective recovery of monies owing to clients. Major emphasis is placed on commercial viability for clients. This division also assists clients in drafting credit applications, suretyships, acknowledgments of debt, etc.
We are experienced in the drafting of applications for sequestrations and liquidations. Emphasis is also placed on the post-liquidation aspects and follow up with the liquidators, trustees and clients. This team handles all aspects of liquidation, insolvency and restructuring matters for a wide range of clients.