Herman Bekker – Director
Herman joined Goldberg & De Villiers Incorporated as a candidate attorney in 1985. He heads the dispute resolution division of the firm and concentrates on two fields of litigation, namely delict and contract. Based on his experience and qualifications, clients can rely on him to guide them through whichever process of ADR they may be inclined to employ to reach the best outcome.
- University of Port Elizabeth: B Juris – 29 April 1983
- University of Port Elizabeth: LLB – 26 April 1985
- University of Stellenbosch: LLM (International Trade Law) – 5 December 2003
- Certificate in Arbitration by the Association of Arbitrators (SA) NBC – January 2020
- Goldberg & De Villiers Incorporation – Attorney (1987 – to date)
- Right of Appearance in the High Court (March 1987)
- Legal Practices Council of the Cape of Good Hope
- Fellow of the Association of Arbitrators (SA) NPC
Litigation experience and areas of Specialisation
- Insurance and related matters.
- Contractual matters, including construction.
- Maritime/Commercial related matters.
- Water claims.
- Road Accident Fund as well as personal injury matters including medical negligence.
- Administrative Law such as Revisions, Appeals, Access to Information Act etc.
- Fire matters including veld fires.
- Banking and financial matters.
- Utilising Arbitration proceedings for resolving issues when appropriate.
Direct telephone: +27 (0)41 501 9805
Cell: 082 469 3714