A deceased estate consists of all the assets and liabilities left behind at the death of a person. Administering a deceased estate involves finalising tax affairs and transferring and distributing assets to heirs after all debts have been settled. This process is regulated by the Administration of Estates Act and other laws and is overseen by the Master of the High Court.
HOW CAN WE ASSIST YOU
We can assist you in administering a deceased estate by:
- Compiling and submitting all necessary documents to the Master of the High Court
- Obtaining the letter of executorship/letter of authority
- Complying with all the legal requirements of the Master of the High Court
- finalising the tax affairs of the estate
- attending to paying all debts and transferring and distributing all assets to heirs
The administration of a deceased estate is a complex and specialised field. We will assist you with all the legal and administrative requirements so that the estate can be wound up as quickly and easily as possible. Contact the Estates Department at Goldberg & de Villiers Inc to assist you with the administration of deceased estates.