Education and Qualifications:
- Nicholas matriculated at Grey High School, Port Elizabeth in 1996
- He then obtained a Baccalaureus Legum (LLB) degree from UPE (now Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University) in April 2001
- In October 2002 he was awarded a Certificate in Deceased Estates Practice by UNISA and Law Society of South Africa
- He was admitted as an attorney, notary and conveyancer on 6 February 2003
Areas Of Expertise:
- Administration of deceased estates
- Wills and Estate planning
- Notarial work – antenuptial contracts, notarial bonds
- Commercial contracts
More about Nicholas…
- Nicholas is a “family man”, is married to Naomi Mitchell and is proudly father of 6 children
- Nicholas is born and bred Port Elizabethan and is from a family long established in Port Elizabeth
- Nicholas’ extramural interests include Toastmasters (international communication and leadership organisation promoting, inter alia, public speaking and presentation skills), informal study of history and English, reading, family life, church involvement, current affairs, Newman Society (Roman Catholic society dedicated to the intellectual and cultural enrichment of members), involvement in his children’s schools Grey and Collegiate, running, walking and swimming for exercise
- Nicholas is deeply involved in his community – having previously served on the Community Police Forum for south Central and the management Board of Nazareth House Port Elizabeth as well as being Secretary of the Collegiate Junior Parent Teacher Association.
- Nicholas has been a member of Toastmasters International since 1997 and has served in various capacities as an office bearer, including President of both the UPE Toastmasters Club (1998 to 1999) and the Algoa Toastmasters Club (2002 to 2003), and Area Governor for Eastern Cape (1999 to 2000). He was also a member of the organising team for national conferences in 2001 and 2008.
Nicholas is also a regular contestant representing the Eastern Cape Toastmasters at national level speech contests, achieving first place in the National Speech Evaluation Contest in 2008, and second runner up in the same contest as well as the National Impromptu Speaking Contest in 2010.
Nicholas was awarded the Toastmaster of the Year Award by Algoa Toastmasters in the 2009/2010 year. In 2015, Nicholas was accredited as a Distinguished Toastmaster – the highest educational award in the organization.